Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor, Loving... and Ramadan



Today is Labor Day and we have labored. I must confess John labored harder than I. Last night I asked if we could get the house cleaned and in order...seemed like a good idea last night. This morning as I was reading and drinking my coffee...John said "are you ready?" and with that he got out the vacuum. He moves furniture, spots carpeting, goes over furniture for the cat hairs and cleans the kitchen floor on his hands and knees. His mom use to sweep the gutters when she finished cleaning inside. That would never have occurred to my mom, she had other qualities.
In retirement, roles can shift (I dusted, cleaned bathrooms etc) and I'm thankful he is willing to help, particularly with those things I don't like to do or do as well as he does. He was loving me with every push of the vacuum.

Besides being Labor Day, September first is the beginning of the month of Ramadan (a holy month of fasting in Islam). The following is a website www.30-days.net with information to be used as a guide for praying specifically for the Muslim world. Today we can pray for the country of Tajikistan and the many Tajik men who work in surrounding countries. Pray they might hear the good news of Christ and that hearts are open and receptive.

2 comments:

Viola Larson said...

Suzanne,
Thank you for the great link to the Praying for Muslims site.

My husband just got back from choir retreat but we will take tomorrow off and go somewhere in the bay area. It is our 47th anniversary. He probably will never retire but we are both slowing down. I am enjoying your blog postings.

Sue said...

Thanks so much for letting me know about your blog! I've added it to my 'bloglines' so I shall know when you've written more, and look forward to reading more about your life!