Saturday, December 29, 2012

I'm Baaack.....

It's been a long time since I've written....I'm writing now for myself as I've missed putting my thoughts down on paper. It's also fun to look back and have the ole memory jogged as well disciplining myelf to do some thinking. So here goes.....have no idea where this will take us!

I still like my title of "Finishing well,....etc" I've had the thought "finishing..etc." was brought into reality recently as I was diagnosed with breast cancer last month. When I was told I had cancer my first thought was "why not me?" So many women have walked through this diagnosis. I didn't panic or really think the worst...yet there was pause. I thought I'm really the same person I was last week before any diagnosis....yet I wasn't the same and I guess I really don't want to be that same person. My prayer was that wherever this walk would take me I would be willing to go and that God would be glorified in the process. Meeting with the surgeon and seeing an excellent prognosis I was at ease.

A week before my surgery (lumpectomy) I was called in for a second biopsy in a different area of the breast, which, if found to be malignant would have been a completely type of surgery. My prayer was at that time was that I would willingly and obediently accept what might come. That waiting period was much more difficult than the original. Thankfully the 2nd biopsy was benign. I think what I found out about myselt (which isn't too much of a surprise) is it is easier to pray and have unwavering faith for being able "to walk" through a situation when you think you know how everything will turn out.

I asked the question "where is my faith?"....a question we all need ourselves. Read through Hebrews 11... By faith.....God has given us everything we need.

1 comment:

Dave Moody said...

great stuff mom...
love,
me